NYSCADV EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is seeking a full time Project Coordinator who is responsible for completing statewide systems advocacy, training, and technical assistance initiatives.
This position is based in Albany, NY.
- Implement systems advocacy, training, and technical assistance projects
- Conduct project needs assessments and produce reports
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to member programs and allied professionals
- Facilitate project-related meetings, conference calls, and teleconferences
- Create project materials and compile resources to support the goals of assigned projects
- Review, analyze, and respond to local, statewide, and national issues and trends that impact domestic violence service provision
- Participate in additional activities and meetings as assigned
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of two years of experience with domestic violence, human service, or policy and advocacy programs or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Masters Degree/JD degree and two or more years of experience with statewide systems advocacy initiatives preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, planning and project coordination, and problem-solving expertise
- Proficiency in Windows operating system, MS Office, and non-profit programming required
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to express oneself verbally and through written communications in order to convey factual information to agencies, organizations, and individuals
- Ability to maintain an independent workload, and work collaboratively and professionally with all NYSCADV staff, consultants, and funders
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility and commitment to NYSCADV's Mission
- Commitment to nonviolence and diversity and ability to respect and work with diverse groups
- Ability to comply with the agency Ethics, Standards of Conduct, and Confidentiality policies
- Knowledge of domestic violence services and advocacy strongly preferred
- Valid driver's license, access to own transportation, willingness and ability to travel
ABOUT THE NEW YORK STATE COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE:
The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to create and support the social change necessary to prevent and confront all forms of domestic violence. As a statewide membership organization, we achieve our mission through advocacy, education, leadership development, promotion of sound policy and practice, and broad-based collaboration integrating anti-oppression principles in all our work.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.
For those interested in employment at domestic violence programs across New York State, follow this link for employment opportunities at NYSCADV member programs.