social media on BUDGET ADVOCACY DAY
Share these graphics on social media along with the sample posts below it!
New York State still has the highest demand for domestic violence services in the country. We cannot wait any longer – now is the time for lawmakers to invest in life saving services. On Monday, February 13, 2017 domestic violence victim advocates, survivors and allies from across the state will call on New York State lawmakers to prioritize domestic violence funding in the New York State budget.
For years we have seen long standing gaps in funding for domestic violence programs across the state as a result of flat or reduced investments. New York State, once again, is Number 1 in demand for domestic violence services in the country. The 2016 census conducted by the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) additionally shows that unmet requests for help have gone up by 45% in the past year because of critical funding and staff shortages.
We want our legislators to know how important the work of domestic violence advocates is. They need to hear a resounding message that the NYS Legislature must support additional services, stem the tide of domestic violence, invest in primary prevention, and pass legislation that increases access to safety, freedom, and justice.
We are calling on programs, survivors and allies to spread the message over social media, asking lawmakers to pass legislation that will protect survivors of domestic violence in New York and to invest in primary prevention today!
Share this graphic on social media along with the sample posts below it!
- Using the hashtags #ProtectSurvivorsNYS, #DVPrimaryPrevention, and #PSTNYS in your posts to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
- Tagging your representatives and the legislative houses (Assembly and Senate) in your posts
- Calling and emailing your legislators to urge their support of NYSCADV’s 2017 Budget Priorities
To ensure the strongest impact, we're asking everyone to tag the following legislative leaders in your social media posts (contact information is available by clicking on their name):
- Governor Andrew Cuomo New York State Governor
- Carl E. Heastie Assembly Speaker
- John J. Flanagan Senate Temporary President and Majority Leader
- Herman D. Farrell, Jr. Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chair
- Catharine Young Senate Finance Committee Chair
- John DeFrancisco Senate Deputy Majority Leader
- Andrea Stewart-Cousins Senate Minority Leader
(BE SURE TO TAG GOVERNOR CUOMO, YOUR REPRESENTATIVE, AND THE LEGISLATIVE LEADERSHIP LISTED ABOVE!)
New York State still has the highest demand for domestic violence services in the country. Today we join with NYSCADV, and advocates and survivors from around New York calling on state lawmakers to #ProtectSurvivorsNYS & support #DVPrimaryPrevention! http://bit.ly/2kAhOn0
TWEETS TO GOVERNOR CUOMO
TWEETS TO NEW YORK STATE SENATE & ASSEMBLY
TWEET YOUR REPRESENTATIVES DIRECTLY!
You can find links to their Twitter pages by visiting their legislative webpage and clicking on the Twitter link (small bird in flight):