PART-TIME HOTLINE RECEPTIONIST
Center for Safety & Change is currently seeking an Evening Hotline Receptionist. This is a part-time 20-hour per week (M-TH 4pm-9pm) non-exempt position with the primary responsibility being to answer the hotline and business lines and to provide clerical support.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Meeting and providing preliminary assessment to walk-ins, answering hotline phones and referring callers to appropriate advocates
- Typing letters and correspondence
- Responsible for bulk copying
- Assist with preparation and mailing
- Provide support to Administrative staff
- Performing other designated tasks as assigned by a supervisor
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills to respond to hotline calls and referrals from victims and survivor of domestic violence, rape, child sexual abuse, child abuse, stalking, human trafficking and other crimes their families and friends.
- Able to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Required to have strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and have working knowledge of Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Required to be able to do data entry as well as maintain paper and electronic filing.
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation a must
No phone call please. Applicants may email, mail or fax resume, and cover letter stating why you are interested in this position with salary requirements to:
Center for Safety & Change
9 Johnsons Lane
New City, NY 10956
Fax: (845) 634-3396
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line must have Part-time Hotline Receptionist)