About Grace Smith House:
Established in 1981, Grace Smith House provides essential shelter and services to victims of Domestic Violence and their children. Located in Dutchess County, Grace Smith House also provides transitional housing and non-residential services.
For more information, please visit our website at www.gracesmithhouse.org
Director of Residential Services
Postition Type: Full Time, 40 HR per week
Grace Smith House, with administrative offices in Poughkeepsie, NY, is in search of a new Director of Residential Services for our confidentially located domestic violence shelter, who will bring us into the next stage of our development. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Director of Residential Services fluent in trauma informed care who will oversee operations of our existing 20 bed domestic violence shelter, and will also be a key player in the planning and development of a second, additional 20 bed shelter slated to open in the next few years.
The Director of Residential Services oversees the day-to-day operations of our confidential shelter(s), including: facilities, provisions, staffing, scheduling and delivery of services, budgeting and reporting. The Director of Residential Services embodies the values and philosophy of the Grace Smith House, cultivating strength based advocacy and mentoring shelter staff, interns, and volunteers in their understanding of the agency mission. The Director of Residential Services models trauma informed care and exhibits commitment to culturally competent services.
Duties include the supervision of all Adult Counselors, Residential Coordinators, and Night and Weekend Staff, volunteers and interns. Additional duties include the overall coordination of staff scheduling, the provisioning of the residences, and the maintenance of a safe and supportive living environment. The Director of Residential Services ensures that each client is given the highest quality of care and access to available services. On call hours, some evenings and weekend hours are required. Qualified candidates will receive a full job description. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
- Education: BA plus two years of experience; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in residential programming or domestic violence programming may substitute for some education.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in residential housing or emergency housing preferred.
- Experience in a human service setting preferred.
- Knowledge and skills with domestic violence and crisis intervention.
- Residential experience strongly preferred.
- Specialized Skills: Basic ability to interact with documents and spreadsheets in the MS Office environment (Word, Excel).
Other Job Requirements:
- Clean, valid driver’s license and driving skill level consistent with agency policy.
- Ability to problem solve independently and as a team.
- Commitment to nonviolence and diversity.
- Ability to respect and work with diverse groups.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated language and behaviors that reflect feminist and strengths-based philosophy.
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position or know someone who would be a great addition to the Grace Smith House team, please send your resume along with a letter of interest to email@example.com . Feel free to contact me at (845) 452-7155, ext 12 should you have any additional questions.
Salary: Commensurate with experience