BECOME A 2019 MEMBER
Please read the eligibility descriptions carefully before completing the application. The description will be viewable after you have selected one of the products below, or you can view them via the Membership Overview page.
Program Membership Application
Program Members shall consist of private, nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations and programs that have a primary purpose of providing immediate shelter and supportive services to adult and youth victims of family violence, domestic violence, or dating violence, and their dependents, including but not limited to programs that are licensed by the NYS Office for Children and Family Services or have local NY Department of Social Services contracts to provide domestic violence services, either residential or nonresidential, and which adhere to the mission, philosophy and purposes of NYSCADV. The voting rights of Program Members shall be limited to the election of Regional Council members. Program Members shall be entitled to one (1) vote per organization in good standing.
NYSCADV has divided New York State into eight geographic regions: Capital, Central, Hudson, Long Island, New York City, Northeast, Southern Tier, and Western. See the NYSCADV Region Map to determine which region your organization is located in. The map is available electronically at https://www.nyscadv.org/membership/nyscadv-regions.html
Staff Members From A Program Member Are Eligible To:
• Attend NYSCADV regional meetings;
• Serve on the NYSCADV Board of Directors;
• Participate in the nomination and election of NYSCADV Regional Council Representatives (one vote per member organization);
• Be nominated as a Regional Council Representative; and
• Serve on NYSCADV Committees.
Staff Members From A Program Member Can Access:
• Discounted costs or exclusive access to trainings, webinars, conferences, and the Annual Meeting;
• Eligibility to strategize and plan with other regional members for NYSCADV training tailored to meet your region’s needs;
• Advanced/priority registration for trainings, conferences, and the Annual Meeting;
• Travel stipends and scholarships to NYSCADV conferences, trainings and events as available; and
• Technical assistance by phone, email, or in person meetings.
NYSCADV Shares Information With Program Members Through:
• The NYSCADV Update: an electronic newsletter with topics of interest to NYSCADV members;
• The NYSCADV Policy Update: an electronic newsletter with policy information relevant to survivors and service providers;
• Member only listservs which provide a forum for discussions on policy, economic justice, fund development, management and other relevant issues; and
• Access to a member only portal on the NYSCADV website.
NYSCADV Promotes The Work Of Program Members Through:
• Member program spotlights in the NYSCADV Update;
• Member program spotlights on NYSCADV social media pages;
• Promotion of member program logos in the NYSCADV Annual Report
• Promotion of employment opportunities at member programs in NYSCADV Update and on the NYSCADV website; and
• Displaying member program logos and website links on the NYSCADV website.
Member Programs Membership Dues:
Are based on the overall operating budget of the agency:
• $185 for agencies with an overall operating budget less than $100,000
• $500 for agencies with an overall operating budget between $100,000 and $499,999
• $875 for agencies with an overall operating budget between $500,000 and $999,999
• $1,250 for agencies with an overall operating budget between $1,000,000 and $4,999,999
• $2,500 for agencies with an overall operating budget between $5,000,000 and $9,999,999
• $5,000 for agencies with an overall operating budget over $10,000,000