Domestic Violence Counselor
- Assist victims of domestic violence with supportive counseling.
- Provide crisis intervention and education regarding dynamics of domestic violence.
- Work from the East Hampton
- Assists victims of domestic violence with individual and/or group counseling.
- Review safety planning and other information on Domestic Violence with victims.
- Assist with client intakes for clinical services.
- Refer victims to other network services and community resources, as is appropriate.
- Maintain accurate statistics and permanent records of services.
- Attend staff agency meetings.
- Coordinate prevention and awareness services as requested.
- Answer crisis hotline calls.
- Coordinate with Child Protective Services and other agencies to provide on-going supports and interventions to client family systems.
- Attend educational seminars to support clinical skills and knowledge
- Provide outreach presentations in the community to gain more knowledge of domestic violence and available supports.
- Provide support services for fund raising activities as requested by Executive Director.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Education: Master of Social Work or a related discipline.
- Experience: Prior internship or prior clinical work with individuals in crisis.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills required.
- Familiarity with family systems theory and relationship issues.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues.
- Experience with crisis intervention.
- Fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to work as a supportive team member, coordinating feedback and knowledge.
Reports to the Clinical Director
Candidates interested in applying for a position with The Retreat should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line include the title of the position you are applying for. Please refrain from making phone inquires. Due to the high level of applicants we will not be able to get back to you. Please know that your resume has been received and we appreciate your interest. All viable candidates will be contacted. Salary requirements must be included.