NEW YORK, NY
Associate Counselors, Domestic Violence Shelter
URI seeks highly skilled, dynamic Associate Counselors responsible for a variety of assignments in areas of service delivery in line with the agency’s mission and the needs of the program. Associate Counselors provide supportive counseling to shelter residents, conduct hotline intakes, assist administrative staff, and perform some security and childcare functions.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field, and knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred.
- At least one (1) year of service delivery experience in the Human Services field.
- Must possess experience in, or a potential for, delivering a variety of human services to adults and children, preferably in a residential setting.
- Domestic Violence experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and sensitivity to working with individuals from a variety of socio demographic backgrounds.
URBAN RESOURCE INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.