Vera house Job Opportunities
DIRECTOR OF SHELTER SERVICES
Vera House, Inc. is a human service agency providing comprehensive domestic and sexual violence prevention and intervention services.
The Director of Shelter Services is responsible for oversight of the Agency shelter programs, and day to day services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
· Provide oversight, program supervision and development, and leadership for the shelter program and staff
· Represent the Agency to the community and collaborate with community members to ensure the implementation and/or maintenance of the Agency’s programs and services
· Collaborate with other staff to bring the necessary resources and training for staff development
· Collect, analyze and report program outputs and outcome date to funding sources
· Provide crisis intervention, local service delivery systems advocacy, and short term counseling and support to individuals and families experiencing domestic violence, sexual assault or other violent trauma, including emotional support, face to face and telephone crisis intervention, advocacy/information referrals at the request of the victims or referral sources
· Educate victims and family members about the dynamics and impact of elder abuse, domestic and sexual violence
· Ensure that all services are maintained in accordance with the Agency’s missions and goals
· Manage difficult and/or emotional client situations and respond promptly to client needs
· Bachelors’ degree in social work or masters’ degree in social work preferred. Experience with, as well as thorough knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault and crisis intervention is necessary. Experience with supervision and program management is also preferred.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits.
Bilingual/bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply. Vera House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 to:
Finance & Human Resources Director
Vera House, Inc.
723 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203