Best Practices for Working with DV Criminalized Survivors, Incarcerated Survivors and Formerly Incarcerated Survivors
NYSCADV, in collaboration with the Women and Justice Project (WJP) and STEPS to End Family Violence - Rising Ground, is pleased to present Best Practices for Working with DV Criminalized Survivors, Incarcerated Survivors and Formerly Incarcerated Survivors.
Topics to be covered include:
• The intersections of domestic violence and the criminal legal system;
• Criminalized survivors and their journey through the criminal legal system;
• Best practices for serving incarcerated and formerly incarcerated survivors as well as those under community supervision;
• Supporting DV survivors after incarceration; and,
• The impact of the Domestic Violence Survivors Justice Act on DV criminalized survivors and those currently incarcerated and how it can be applied.