New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence Job Announcement
Two Positions for Training and Capacity Building Coordinator
Organization Overview: The New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NYSADV) is a statewide nonprofit membership organization comprised of local domestic violence service providers and allies who are committed to ending domestic violence. Founded in 1978, we achieve our mission through activism, training, prevention, technical assistance, leadership development and legislative advocacy. NYSCADV serves as the information clearinghouse, primary point of contact and resource center on domestic violence for the state of New York. Our organization is responsible for supporting the development of policies, protocol and procedures to enhance domestic violence intervention and prevention. This also includes providing education and technical assistance to the network of primary-purpose domestic violence service providers statewide.
Position Title: Training and Capacity Building Coordinator
Responsible To: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt, salaried
Location: Albany, NY or remote location within New York State
Position Overview: The Training and Capacity Building Coordinator will work closely with local domestic violence advocacy organizations and statewide partners to support the capacity of domestic violence services statewide.
Position Responsibilities: The Training and Capacity Building Coordinator will be responsible for assigned training and technical assistance tasks including the following:
- Provide and coordinate local, regional and statewide trainings and technical assistance for domestic violence advocacy program staff via on-site meetings (when it is safe to do so) as well as through telephone, video conference and email communication
- Identify cross-training possibilities in collaboration with other service providers and allies
- Develop relationships with organizations who serve underserved communities
- Encourage program capacity building and leadership development that focuses on building stable and sustainable domestic violence programs
- Support domestic violence programs in creating and incorporating best practices and trauma informed approaches throughout their organizations, including vicarious and historical trauma
- Support the Executive Director in carrying out NYSCADV’s mission and goals
- Assist with grant and external agency reporting as requested
- Serve as agency representative to advisory groups and committees as assigned
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed
The Ideal Candidate will have:
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience providing domestic violence advocacy services; knowledge of regulations and best practices for operating residential and non-residential domestic violence programs; and experience with curriculum development and training. The ideal candidate will also exhibit grace under pressure and demonstrate a strong commitment to statewide coalition building.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 3-5 years of experience in domestic violence advocacy programs or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience and/or comfort with providing assistance via telephone, video conference, email or in-person for advocates, program directors and Executive Directors on a range of topics related to program capacity and services.
- Expertise using technology for training and communications and familiarity with online learning platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Proficient in the use of Zoom, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Comfort level in a fast-paced environment with the capability to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to be a self-starter, initiate and maintain an independent workload and work collaboratively with all NYSCADV staff, consultants, members, government agencies and funders required.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to NYSCADV’s Mission required.
- Commitment to nonviolence and ability to respect and work within diverse groups required.
- Ability to comply with agency Ethics, Standards of Conduct, and Confidentiality policies required.
- Access to reliable transportation, willingness and ability to complete pre-scheduled travel within New York State as requested.
- Compensation: Competitive starting salary commensurate with skills and experience. NYSCADV offers excellent benefits including health, dental and life insurance and generous leave policies.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. This position will remain open until filled.
NYSCADV is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.